In 2012, the state of Massachusetts was ranked 31 out of the 50 states and D.C. Below is the information for the volunteer service for Massachusetts in 2012.
Overall, in Massachusetts in 2012:
- 26.5% of residents volunteer, ranking them 31st among the 50 states and Washington, DC.
- 29.8 volunteer hours per resident.
- 1.35 million volunteers.
- 159.0 million hours of service.
- $3.5 billion of service contributed.
- 55.2% of residents donate to charity.
- 10.6% of residents participate in public meetings.
- 25.0% of residents over age 55 volunteer.